On the Florida Panthers …
- George Richards: Have been told that the Panthers “zero interest” in Andrew Ladd.
- Chris Nichols of Today’s Slapshot: Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040 on Andrew Ladd.
“I will say this. It’s funny that we talked about Andrew Ladd. If there’s one team that I feel is an amazing fit for Andrew Ladd, it’s Florida, in my opinion. I don’t know if the Panthers can swing it. And again, we don’t even know if the Jets are willing to move him yet, either. But if the time comes where Andrew Ladd is on the market, Dale Tallon has a history with Ladd in Chicago. I just feel like that would be a tremendous fit.
“So who knows. Keep that in the back of your mind in case it actually becomes something that makes sense down the road.”
George Richards: Wouldn’t expect anything earth shattering by the Panthers at the trade deadline. They like the group they have. Could look at a rental.
- George Richards: Think it’s 50/50 that Brian Campbell will be back with the Panthers next year.
- Harvey Fialkov: GM Dale Tallon said that Eric Gudbranson and Vincent Trocheck are next up for contract extensions.
- Platinum Seat Ghosts: Tallon on the trade deadline: “We’re not going to overpay but if there’s a piece or two that are going to help, we’re going to look at it.”
Scouting the Boston Bruins and Anaheim Ducks …
- Jimmy Murphy: On the scouting list for the Bruins – Ducks game last night: Islanders, Sabres, Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Kings, Wild, Canadiens (2), Predators, Devils, Rangers, Capital and Jets.
- Jimmy Murphy: The Jets may have a defenseman or two that the Bruins could be eyeing.
- Jimmy Murphy: Spoke to a couple scouts last night, and all expect the Bruins to trade Loui Eriksson.
- Jimmy Murphy: If was going to bet, would say that many of the scouts were at the game to watch Ducks defenseman Sami Vatanen.
- Jimmy Murphy: Ducks goalie Frederik Andersen could also be available.