Bogosian suspended by Sabres
Sabres PR: Statement from the Buffalo Sabres.
“The Buffalo Sabres have suspended defenseman Zach Bogosian due to failure to report to the Rochester Americans.
There will be no further information or comment at this time.”
John Vogl: Bogosian’s agent after the suspension was announced: “We are aware of the notice of suspension and will not be providing a comment at this time.”
John Vogl: Notes on the Bogosian suspension.
- He comes off the payroll.
- The Sabres can continue to work on a trade.
- They can mutually negotiate a termination.
- Or they can just let him sit out.
Preseason games in China may be on hold for next season
Darren Dreger: Sources are saying the NHL and NHLPA are considering putting their plans to return to China for preseason games on hold because of the Coronavirus. They continue to talk but it’s looking less likely.
NHL Injury Updates
Adrian Dater: Have heard that Colorado Avalanche forward Mikko Rantanen could have a broken collarbone. The timeline for that could be six to eight weeks.
Forward Matt Calvert has a lower-body injury and will be out for “a couple weeks.”
- Eric Engels: Weber was told by doctors that he wouldn’t damage his ankle any further if he continued to play. He’s not 100 percent but feels good enough to go.
Forward Micheal Ferland will miss the remainder of the season due to concussion-like symptoms.