Originally published by DodgerBlue.com
When the Los Angeles Dodgers signed Trevor Bauer to a record-setting contract during the offseason they faced significant criticism over adding a polarizing figure to the organization.
Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said he and team president Stan Kasten had multiple conversations with Bauer about his past, which entailed a history of missteps on social media and comments against women.
Bauer’s social media use in his first season with the Dodgers had generally improved, but a much larger matter is on hand as he is the subject of an investigation into alleged sexual assault. Bauer was placed on administrative leave and it twice has been extended.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times, a majority of the Dodgers clubhouse does not want to see Bauer back with the team:
Two people with knowledge of Dodgers clubhouse dynamics, who are unauthorized to speak publicly about the situation, said that a majority of players do not want Bauer back under any circumstances.
Other than a statement issued when reports surfaced of the investigation, and manager Dave Roberts explaining the team was deferring to Major League Baseball, the Dodgers have not made detailed comments about the matter.
Kasten did make ill-advised remarks to reporters on the day Bauer was initially put on administrative leave, which MLB commissioner Rob Manfred publicly chastised him for.
It’s unclear if the Pasadena Police department will make an arrest, but Manfred holds the authority to impose his own punishment even if criminal chargers are not brought forth.
Bauer court hearing delayed
Bauer was in court last week for a scheduled hearing but it has been delayed to next month and take part over three days (Aug. 2, 3 and 19). The temporary restraining order remains in place until that time.
Have you subscribed to the Dodger Blue YouTube channel? Be sure to ring the notification bell to watch player interviews, participate in shows and giveaways, and more!